At first it was necessity. I needed to eliminate some bills that I could live without. Then, I just didn't desire it any longer. I mean how many reality shows pitting people against one another can I really watch stomach? Sad and disturbing news shows...Gossip tv.... I've found better use for my time. I was writing more and reading a hell of a lot more.
I remember when I was in high school and found out over convo after school one day that my art teacher, Mr. D'Andrea, didn't own a television. WHAT?! You've got to be kidding me! I told him about all there was to watch on tv, "You're missing Seinfeld!" lol I told him about Bob Ross ("Happy Trees"), gotta love that guy..he was hilarious and so sincere. Anyhoo...I digress.... But Mr. D'Andrea was a G(enius). He could play most instruments, paint, draw, sketch, was dope with graphic design, an amazing photographer AND he found time to do all of those things at my school and teach us how to as well. Only now does it dawn on me that he could be so prolific because he wasn't spending his time watching Dynasty reruns and Dawson's Creek. hahahahaha
A) Dude, I'm not asking you for a job annnnnd
B) I'm probably more in tune with what really matters in my industry...Hello, I LIVE it everyday! hahahahaha Bless his heart.
I keep up with new directors I really dig and continue to expand my horizon on the classics. I have no desire to recreate what already exists. I seek to strengthen my own vision. By and large, television for me was a distraction. TV was something that allowed me to "zone out" when I really didn't need that, I needed to delve within. I'm creating what I want to see because I definitely don't need filler, I desire substance.
100.
Bright

TOTV in 2010!!!! Take advantage of life!!! and by the way listen to what George twopointoh produced during his absence of tv gazing: http://georgetwopointoh.com (and spread the word!!!)
ReplyDeletein my best Mr. Spock voice impersonation..."Facinating"!
ReplyDelete