Alternatively entitled:
"Why you have to be on top of your game even at 4a"
"Why you have to be on top of your game even at 4a"
My dramatic interpretation of "Random Dude" aka Dave
So, this morning I was at the gym doing my warm up. Today it consisted of 15 sprints up 4 flights of stairs. OK. After about the 9th one this random dude who'd been sitting at the bottom of the stairs watching me comes up and tells me he wants to race me to the top. O.....K....? So, I said, "sure." He literally raced me to the top...and beat me! Ugh!! I was on his tail though. lol Anyhoo, so as he's panting (lol classhole move #43) I say, "Is that all you're gonna do?" He's like "huh?" I said, "Yeah, that was my 10th one. I've got like 4 more to go." He calls me on it and tells me he's gonna get me at least 3 out of the 4. Wow. Ok. So we go for it. He gets me every. time. Damn! Right before the last one as he takes a sec to catch his breath (classhole move #46) and he gives me pointers. Dope. The last go I almost got him. I was on his heels. At the end, he lays out at the top of the stairs and tells me he's gonna pass out. I give him some dap, say "Thanks, Dave" and I walk down the stairs to finish my work out.
Now, old uber prideful Bright might've been insulted or pissed that "random dude" aka Dave decides to race me at 4AM. But, I am appreciative because I want to be better all the way around and the universe was giving me what I asked for. I was open to hearing Dave's critique which really made me work smarter not harder. I didn't really view him as an opponent but more as an ally. He was, after all helping me. He helped me to max out myself in my warm up! Seriously, my pride wouldn't let me do it in front of him but, as soon as I got downstairs I had to sit down because I thought I was gonna hurl. lol But that 's what it's about. I gotta go hard even at 4AM. I mean, what's the point of going if you're not going to give it your all in every. single. moment. Thanks for the reminder, Dave.
100.
Bright

No comments:
Post a Comment