Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Become on Fire!!!!



It's been almost a year since my last post, at least I think.  It had occurred to me that I was starting to spend too much time watching other people's grind instead of actively working on mine so the blog has since suffered.

It's easier that way.  You know, sitting on the sideline, pointing out the highlights and lowlights of a person's career.  But what about us?  What do WE want to accomplish?  I think that's the right question. But then there's the hard part.  Making a decision!

Do we DARE to go after what we want?

What would happen if you allowed yourself that desire to want what you REALLY want.  Most of us can't stand the thought of desiring something because we don't think it's at all possible to attain.  But what if it was? Very few peeps have dreams that are totally out of reach and yet they still DO NOTHING to move towards them.  We get stuck.  Should I go for that new job?  "Naaaaah!"  Should I talk to that cute girl?  "I dunno what if she doesn't like me?"

What to do?  Show no FEAR.

Take one little, baby step towards it.  And who knows, one thing propels you to the next thing, and before long you're moving in the direction of your dream.

I've had these tapes of film in my closet FOREVER.  It was just sitting there, getting nice and dusty like most stuff that just sits.  One day I had the bright idea to transform the tapes into digital files to see what was actually on the film.  Who knew the film would contain an amazing story just waiting to be sculpted and plucked from obscurity.  6 years ago I had an idea of highlighting what young MCs and Skateboarders do (they grind).  So I wrote/directed a story and hired a production crew without any experience of course.  When you have something you Really want to do, you just DO IT.  The TV pilot was called Grindin'.  I decided to bring along a kid I was helping at the time.  It was his energy.  It was his passion.  He was a MC before he was a MC (CARS, $$$, LADY FRIENDS).  Rappers do that you know.  They're some of the biggest believers.

6 years later.  Tyga is HUGE!!!!

And on film, I have what I saw 6 years ago.  A kid,  (Unknown but On Fire).  It's what I've been trying to tell  anyone who is willing to listen.  "BECOME MORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!"  "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE MIGHTY, INSANE THINGS", "FIND WHAT YOU LOVE AND GRIND".  I have witnessed and helped many on their hero's journey.  And FINALLY I was clever enough to capture it all on film.  YES!!!!  Maybe by coincidence.  I doubt it.
Now, for the fun part.  I have to get the story out to millions.  On to the next challenge.  And so I'm off on my own adventure again.
Shak
100.

P.S.  I'll post the short documentary of Tyga when finished.  :)

1 comment: