Thursday, June 9, 2011
Let's GO!!!!
Finally I found a sensible, rational health tip that is worth something. Jamar and Sean (my trainers) would be proud…cut 250 calories per day and burn an extra 250 calories per day and 14 lbs should be OUTTA here by Labor Day Sept 5th. That sounds easy enough and we’re only 9 days behind. Notice how I said we’re (meaning you and me). I don’t like doing uncomfortable things by myself. There is something to be said about group suffering that is much more heartfelt, poetic even.
Now, like most of you, I want to lose around 10-15 more LBS. Am I asking for the moon? NOOOOO! And I have a pretty good suspicion about what’s been keeping these 10 lbs on me. Not my Americanos in the morning, not my unsalted peanuts snacks or my chili beans w/ corn on the cob. It’s those stupidy chocolate calories. If I say goodbye, there goes my 10 LBS.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Is there no justice in the world!
The problem is I’m not that sensible. Of course skinny minnies (i.e. my friend Brenda) proclaim, “Eat in moderation”. Sure I can eat green beans w/ chicken w/ a few spoonfuls of rice, or a 6 in tuna sub on wheat bread at Subway w/ cheese but only ½ the bread with a bite of chocolate for dessert. Oh and I can do well with this sort of thing for about a week. But then this lil voice starts yelling at me, “Stop being a lil wuss, moderation is the mother of BORING! Are you going to let those salad-eating pansies tell you what to do? Give me chocolate or give me death!” And sadly, I have no comeback for that type of passion and zealous response. How do you combat such charisma? And then I realize I’ve lost again, sabotaged by my alter ego, me.
No worries, I will prevail with a little help of course, maybe some therapy. Who will join me? 10 lbs by September 5th? Any takers? Go! Go! Go! On a more cheery note, I have been more consistent with the workouts than my eating. We have to take our strengths and build upon those. Like this random kid told me, “Every day I try to be the handball king”.
Tootles,
Shak
100.
Labels:
Fitness,
Health,
Lose 10 lbs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment