Thursday, April 9, 2009

Catch A Fire

Every single person I know who has their dream/goal/passion and is aware of what it is knows that not now but right now is the time. I’m so sincere, everyone I talk to is like ’09 is it. The cinders are just waiting to catch fire, I’m telling you. So, my homie George is coming out and he has a one man show “Any1Man” that he created* and stars in. (It was co-penned and produced by his homie Jon Genius) Can’t wait to see the show as it has been touring for two years on the east coast. Anyhoo, he gives me a ring to tell me about it and we start to discuss the need to put ourselves on and blow like yesterday. He’s feeling it, been feeling it, too. I’m super juiced because we’ve been wanting to do some stuff together for a minutebut now the stars are aligning. He’s super creative too and a talent like Shak. Amongst other things he wrote a spoken word piece for a track with Scar (so fresh). Can’t wait to post all of the stuff we shoot when he comes out. I truly believe I know every person or am separated by them by one degree of separation who’s about to take this joint over. We are the next generation of creatives, entrepreneurs, intellectuals, musicians, actors, producers, directors, you name it. When the pendulum swings back the other way, we’ll be on top. Grinding ourselves to a fine point together to make it happen. ItG is about to blow, Ife and her band (Sweetie) are supposed to move out here, Shak’s a force to be reckoned with on all accounts creative and business, Maya (aka MayaImani), Elle Mixon (designer), Sakinah… the list goes on. I’m so appreciative to know intimately these talents as they inspire me to keep my visions true and alive and to keep pushing.

100.
Bright
Passion – Perseverance – Innovation – Imagination – Success – Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment